Examining and repairing equipment and vehicles such as, forklifts, Tractors, Backhoe, Diesel Engines, and other equipment used on the Farm and in the production warehouse. Must have a minimum of 5 years experience.
- Examine vehicles, compile estimates of repair, and secure approval to perform repairs.
- Repair, overhaul, or adjust automobile brake systems.
- Troubleshoot fuel, ignition, and emissions control systems, using electronic testing equipment.
- Repair or replace defective ball joint suspensions, brake shoes, or wheel bearings.
- Inspect and test vehicles for damage and record findings so that necessary repairs can be made.
- Test electronic computer components in automobiles to ensure proper operation.
- Tune automobile engines to ensure proper and efficient functioning.
- Install or repair air conditioners and service components, such as compressors, condensers, and controls.
- Repair, replace, or adjust defective fuel injectors, carburetor parts, and gasoline filters.
- Remove and replace defective mufflers and tailpipes.
- Manually lifting and/or carrying objects up to 50 lbs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Regular predictable attendance.
- The ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position.
- The ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs.
- The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
- The ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine or a vehicle to exact positions.
- The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- The ability to make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble very small objects.
- The ability to detect or tell the differences between sounds that vary in pitch and loudness.
- The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted
- Ability to work on more than one task at a time
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing conditions
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work effectively with fellow employees
- Ability to perform repetitive work
- Vacation/Sick/Paid Holidays/401 (k)