Position consists of but not limited to, stacking material, tooling setups, operating forklift and overhead crane, operating a variety of machines. Ability to maintain safe work ethic in a hazardous environment of machines. Involves starting and stopping work orders efficiently. Hours and shifts may vary.
- Adjust and correct machine set-ups to reduce thicknesses, reshape products, and eliminate product defects.
- Monitor machine cycles and mill operation to detect jamming and to ensure that products conform to specifications.
- Examine, inspect, and measure raw materials and finished products to verify conformance to specifications.
- Read rolling orders, blueprints, and mill schedules to determine setup specifications, work sequences, product dimensions, and installation procedures.
- Manipulate controls and observe dial indicators in order to monitor, adjust, and regulate speeds of machine mechanisms.
- Start operation of rolling and milling machines to flatten, temper, form, and reduce sheet metal sections and to produce steel strips.
- Set distance points between rolls, guides, meters, and stops, according to specifications.
- Thread or feed sheets or rods through rolling mechanisms, or start and control mechanisms that automatically feed steel into rollers.
- Position, align, and secure arbors, spindles, coils, mandrels, dies, and slitting knives.
- Direct and train other workers to change rolls, operate mill equipment, and remove coils and cobbles, and band and load material.
- Manually lifting, pushing, pulling, and/or carrying objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Regular predictable attendance.
- Able to quickly respond (with the hand, finger, or foot) to a signal (sound, light, picture) when necessary
- Willing to work on more than one task at a time as needed
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Team-oriented and able to work effectively with a group
- Comfortable performing repetitive work
- Being able to measure to 1/32 inch using a tape measure is a must
- At least one year of experience operating a forklift in tight spaces is strongly preferred
- Experiece with operating MIG welder desired (position requires tack welding)
- Vacation/Sick/Paid Holidays/401 (k)