Priefert Mfg. is currently interviewing for production welders in Mt. Pleasant, TX. After a 60 day training period, you will advance to piece work, which can quickly raise your pay. Must have high energy and be very self motivated.
- Weld components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Positions work pieces; clamps work pieces together or assembles them in jigs or fixtures.
- Lay out, position, align, and secure parts and assemblies prior to assembly, using straightedges, combination squares, calipers, and rulers.
- Examine work pieces for defects and measure work pieces with straightedges or templates to ensure conformance with specifications.
- Recognize, set up, and operate hand and power tools common to the welding trade, such as shielded metal arc and gas metal arc welding equipment.
- Weld separately or in combination, using aluminum, stainless steel, cast iron, and other alloys.
- Clamp, hold, tack-weld, heat-bend, grind or bolt component parts to obtain required configurations and positions for welding.
- Select and install torches, torch tips, filler rods, and flux, according to welding chart specifications or types and thicknesses of metals.
- Ignite torches or start power supplies and strike arcs by touching electrodes to metals being welded, completing electrical circuits.
- Connect and turn regulator valves to activate and adjust gas flow and pressure so that desired flames are obtained.
- Removes rough spots, excess weld, and slag or spatter using portable grinder.
- Inspects finished work pieces for conformance to specifications.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position.
- The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- The ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine or a vehicle to exact positions.
- The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to work on more than one task at a time.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing conditions.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work effectively with fellow employees.
- Ability to perform repetitive work.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Valid drivers license.
- Regular predictable attendance.
- Vacation/Sick/Paid Holidays/401 (k)