Design mechanical projects from concept to final design with the help of other engineering peers.
- Oversee/Manage multiple projects from initial design to final completion keeping track of progress of the projects through all phases simultaneously.
- Work with vendors to select and order components for new projects and for machine upgrades.
- 75% of time will be 3-D modeling and 25% of time will be out in the plant overseeing projects to completion.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be proficient in 3-D modeling using Autodesk Inventor or a similar software.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Must have a good understanding of mechanics of materials and have a good solid mechanical background.
- Must be self-motivated and work well in a team atmosphere.
- Bachelorís degree in mechanical engineering.
- 3-5 years minimum experience in mechanical design.
- Solid analytical skills and experience in FEA.
- Ability to communicate outside of the engineering department to coordinate work flow of projects.
- Vacation/Sick/Paid Holidays/401 (k)