Responsible for using hand and power tools to perform preventative maintenance to ensure smooth operation and minimize equipment down time.
- Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches, to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly and to minimize equipment downtime.
- Inspect, operate, or test machinery or equipment to diagnose machine malfunctions.
- Diagnose and repair mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic problems by checking blueprints, repair manuals, or parts catalogs, as necessary.
- Assemble, install, or repair wiring, electrical or electronic components, pipe systems, plumbing, machinery, or equipment.
- Inspect drives, motors, and belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, or perform other maintenance actions, following checklists.
- Clean or lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, or other parts of machinery.
- Repair or replace defective equipment parts, using hand tools and power tools, and reassemble equipment.
- Use testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters and oscilloscopes in testing electrical systems on equipment.
- Identify and maintain critical spares. Order and pick up parts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Need at least 3 years' experience with mechanical maintenance
- Ability to work extended hours or be on call
- Need general computer skills
- Ability to multitask and work with minimum supervision
- Knowledge and ability to troubleshoot PLC's and VFD's
- Vacation/Sick/Paid Holidays/401 (k)