Priefert Manufacturing is actively seeking an Industrial Automation Control Technician to join our engineering support team in Mt. Pleasant, TX with the ability to design, manufacture and install electrical, electronic and mechanical components for use in a wide range of steel manufacturing equipment.
- Experience with the design, installation, configuration and troubleshooting of PLC's, HMI's and associated serial and ethernet communications.
- Troubleshoot, modify and write PLC ladder logic programs.
- Layout intuitive and complete HMI screens.
- Design and draw CAD schematics, wiring diagrams and panel layouts.
- Select necessary digital and analog sensors and devices to accomplish desired results.
- Analyze task requirements and develop a bill of materials and project cost estimates.
- Build,test, install and commission designed systems.
- Use of diagnostic and test equipment such as multi-meters and oscilloscopes.
- Use of mobile equipment such as forklifts and man lifts.
- Familiarize and assist in the training of operators.
- Support construction and maintenance crews as needed.
- Experience with VFD, servo and DC motor controls.
- Experience with pneumatic and hydraulic controls.
- Possess strong communication skills with the ability to work well with teams as well as independently.
- Work in environments can be hot, cold, noisy and fast paced.
- Vacation/Sick/Paid Holidays/401 (k)