Priefert Manufacturing-Priefert Steel is looking for qualified applicants for Quality Control Inspectors for the Tube Mill Division.
- Inspect, test and measure materials, products, installations or work for conformance to specifications.
- Measure dimensions of products to verify conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as rulers, calipers, gauges or micrometers.
- Read blueprints, data, manuals or other materials to determine specifications, inspection and testing procedures, adjustment methods, certification processes, formulas or measuring instruments required.
- Record inspection or test data, such as weights, temperatures, grades or moisture content, and quantities inspected or graded.
- Mark items with details such as grade or acceptance/rejection status.
- Notify supervisors or other personnel of production problems.
- Discard or reject products, materials or equipment not meeting specifications.
- Collect or select samples for testing or for use as models.
- Write test or inspection reports describing results, recommendations or needed repairs.
- Compare colors, shapes, textures or grades of products or materials with color charts, templates or samples to verify conformance to standards.
- Ability to operate a variety of types of lab equipment.
- Ability to work with data in a variety of formats and create accurate and representative reports utilizing the data.
- Ability to write algebraic formulas for use in data analysis and statistical data sampling.
- Understanding and utilization of the 7 basic quality control tools.
- Vacation/Sick/Paid Holidays/401 (k)