Design mechanical projects from concept to final design with the help of other engineering peers.
- Design mechanical projects from concept to final design with the help of other engineering peers.
- Oversee/Manage multiple projects from initial design to final completion keeping track of progress of the projects through all phases simultaneously.
- Work with vendors to select and order components for new projects and for machine upgrades.
- Approximately 75% of time will be 3-D modeling and 25% of time will be out in the plant overseeing projects to completion.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Advanced user of 3D CAD software (Inventor preferred)
- Experience using FEA software
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledgeable in material and mechanical framework analysis (ideally steel)
- Experience in creating technical drawings
- Possess a questioning mindset
- Detail oriented and a critical thinker
- Ability to use basic measuring devices (tape measure, calipers, etc.)
- Work on multiple projects at once
- Must be self-motivated and work well in a team environment
- Minimum 5 years' experience in mechanical design
- Advanced user of AutoCAD
- Experience in metal fabrication environment
- Experience with designing machines and/or automation equipment
- Able to write application macros to increase productivity
- Vacation/Sick/Paid Holidays/401 (k)