Responsible for carefully transporting and handling various types of Priefert products and materials. Must have and maintain a valid Class A (air brakes) CDL drivers license and includes local hauling.
- Check vehicles to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order.
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions, following signals from loading crew and checking that vehicle and loading equipment are properly positioned.
- Collect delivery instructions from appropriate sources, verifying instructions and routes.
- Maintain logs of working hours or of vehicle service or repair status, following applicable state and federal regulations.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles.
- Secure cargo for transport, using ropes, blocks, chain, binders, or covers.
- Drive trucks to weigh stations before and after loading and along routes to document weights and to comply with state regulations.
- Drive trucks with capacities greater than 3 tons, including tractor-trailer combinations, to transport and deliver products, livestock, or other materials.
- Obtain receipts or signatures for delivered goods and collect payment for services when required.
- Inventory and inspect goods to be moved to determine quantities and conditions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to run, maneuver, navigate, or drive vehicles or mechanized equipment, such as forklifts and passenger vehicles.
- Ability to inspect equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects and perform minor service on vehicle.
- Ability to observe, receive, and otherwise obtain information from all relevant sources.
- Ability to perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
- Ability to use hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things. Ability to reach above shoulder level to strap, unstrap, tarp, and un-tarp loads.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to be away from home for extended periods of time.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Regular predictable attendance.
- Vacation/Sick/Paid Holidays/401 (k)