Priefert is now looking for experienced applicants to work in its Steel Tube Mill.
- Adjust rack set-up to appropriate position depending on length of tube.
- Inspect and discard any material that does not conform with the quality standards.
- Inspect tubing to specifications. Use a tape measure to check for correct length as specified by the work order.
- Inspect seam for smoothness and no open seam and inspect the tube for defects (i.e. lines, dents, scratches, bad cut ends tabs on ends, roll marks, etc.).
- Alert the operator of any issues with the quality of the tubing.
- Keep up with the quantity of the tube by way of the mill counter and adjust the count when scrap pieces are found and discarded.
- Correctly stack tubes in racks to ensure that the tube is secure for transport by a forklift.
- Assist with change-overs.
- Change out desired rolls.
- Make sure correct rolls are in the correct place and position.
- Check with the operator when the mill goes down and see what needs to be done.
- Empty chip tray from underneath the cut-off into the scrap dumpster at the end of shift.
- Keep the catch area free of debris including scrap tube and trash.
- Assist others as needed.
- Manually lifting, pushing, pulling, and/or carrying objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Regular predictable attendance.
- Must be 25 years old or older.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work in wet and dirty conditions.
- Must be able to stand in one spot for long periods.
- Ability to work effectively with fellow employees.
- Ability to perform repetitive work.
- Good communication skills.
- Able to work rotating shifts.
- Vacation/Sick/Paid Holidays/401 (k)