Priefert Mfg. are now hiring Company Truck Drivers and Owner Operators. Must have a minimum of 3 years' experience and a valid Class A CDL.
- Check vehicles to ensure that mechanical, safety, and emergency equipment is in good working order.
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions, following signals from loading crew and checking that vehicle and loading equipment are properly positioned.
- Collect delivery instructions from appropriate sources, verifying instructions and routes.
- Maintain logs of working hours or of vehicle service or repair status, following applicable state and federal regulations.
- Report vehicle defects, accidents, traffic violations, or damage to the vehicles.
- Secure cargo for transport, using ropes, blocks, chain, binders, or covers.
- Drive trucks to weigh stations before and after loading and along routes to document weights and to comply with state regulations.
- Drive trucks with capacities greater than 3 tons, including tractor-trailer combinations, to transport and deliver products, livestock, or other materials.
- Obtain receipts or signatures for delivered goods and collect payment for services when required.
- Inventory and inspect goods to be moved to determine quantities and conditions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to run, maneuver, navigate, or drive vehicles or mechanized equipment, such as forklifts and passenger vehicles.
- Ability to inspect equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects and perform minor service on vehicle.
- Ability to communicate with people outside the organization, representing the organization to customers.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Regular predictable attendance.
- Vacation/Sick/Paid Holidays/401 (k)